Monday, June 30, 2008

Baby Spice

When I was pregnant with Charly, we lived within a block of New Bombay Foods (one of my favorite Indian restaurants!) in Salcedo Village. I craved the paneer and the chicken tikka massala and the kebabs which I always asked the owners to make extra spicy. Those dishes, plus the warm roti or nan, and I was one happy preggy mommy-to-be. Never mind the fact that my OB always warned me that spicy foods meant even more hyperacidity. I figured my bottle of Maalox and Tums were already my best friends, what's one more spicy dish.

They say that the baby becomes pre-disposed to whatever the pregnant mom eats.

This must be true, because Charly LOVES spicy food.

We had our usual family Sunday lunch at People's Palace this weekend and it warmed my heart to see Charly eating the spicy Thai fishcakes, the red prawn and pumpkin curry, and even chewing on fresh peppercorns like a pro.

I'm proud to say my baby is not a wimp when it comes to spicy food!

No comments: