Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Dark Knight

Ok, I have to put it out here that I loved, loved, loved The Dark Knight.

Thanks to our no-nanny state since late last year, David and I have managed not to step foot inside a movie theater for the first half of 2008. This is a feat considering that we used to watch practically every movie that came out in either Powerplant or Greenbelt 3.

Anyway.

When Dark Knight came out, we bundled Charly off and left her with my folks.

It was totally worth it. I have to say that this is the best Batman film ever. Only a genius like Chris Nolan (and an even better actor like Heath Ledger) could pull of turning Batman into practically a sidekick of the Joker. I've seriously never liked a villain so much. Incredible acting.

And the reviews were right. It was totally chilling how the Joker tells Batman, "we'll be doing this forever". How we wish.

Heath, wherever you are, fist to the heart, man. We loved you in this one. You sure went out in a fireball of glory.

Just one teeny complaint. Christian Bale fills Bruce Wayne's shoes perfectly. But why does the voice of Batman sound like a raspy, tech-ed up version of Clint Eastwood? And why does Gotham look more like downtown Chicago than Manhattan?

Nevertheless, it was still an amazing ride, thanks to the Joker.

I'm going out and getting myself a DVD copy (original!) for Charly to watch when she grows up.

No comments: