Saturday, July 12, 2008

I Miss You

It still amazes me how fast toddlers develop. Every day, you get something new out of the little dynamos.

Charly's latest thing, when she sees my mom and dad, is to run to them with open arms and say "I missed you, I missed you".

I was very glad to be around when she first said this phrase, but even more glad that she was not saying it to me.

Because now, I am around her most of the time. And the few times that she does say "I missed you" is only when I have been away a couple of hours to work on some projects. I know that she says it then only out of affection, more than actually missing me a great deal.

I look back and think about how I would have felt if I was still working long hours at the office only to come home to Charly saying "I missed you". It would have poked a hole right through my heart.

More and more, every day, I know I made the right decision in choosing family over career at this point in Charly's life.

No comments: