Monday, July 28, 2008

I have this theory that the number of times a toddler says "NO" from 2-4 years of age will nowhere go near the amount of times she will utter that word for the remainder of her life.

Well, maybe if she lives to be 107 years old like my grandfather, but that's still debatable.

These days, Charly is asserting her independence so much that David and I have barely finished our questions and she's already shooting back a "NO".

On days when her sense of humor is up, she will even do a little dance, singing "No, no, no-no-no...." to the tune of Chaka Khan's "whoa, whoa, wo-wo-woah..." refrain from "I'm Every Woman" (yes, I plead guilty, I taught her that refrain while watching 'Bridget Jones' for the nth time).

We so want her to say "YES". Life would be so much easier. Maybe we would even get to places on time.

Ironically, I know the tables will be turned on us when she hits puberty. Then, David and I will be telling her it's alright to say "NO". No to drugs, no to alcohol, no to sex, no to playing hooky from classes...you get the picture.

Why can't kids just be cooperative and do what we want. OMG, I sound like my mother.

Excuse me while I check my head for graying hair.charl

No comments: