Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Not So Kiddie Prices

It's great how they now have kids' versions of just about everything from yoga pants from Gap to cute little Converse sneakers.

Now, kids can look just as cool as their parents (I imagine when I hit midlife, it will then be the reverse and I will be wanting to look as cool as my kids, but let's save that for another post!).

When I saw the adorable little Crocs out in the market, I jumped to get Charly one in the exact same style as the ones I have (not the same color, that would be too cheesy).

Now, it's one thing to drop $30-40 on a pair of casual shoes that you may wear a year or two. Quite another if the little owner outgrows them in a couple months.

Why are those little Crocs (and those little yoga pants and little sneakers, and come to think of it, practically everything that are mini versions of cool stuff that adults wear) priced practically the same as the adult version? They most likely come out of a mold created for each size, and they require less material to make...is it that there are special little people who have higher wages making them?

No, most likely it's a scheme from the marketing guys.

They've gotten into our heads and know that parents are willing to drop a ridiculous amount of money to make our kids look cool.

No comments: