Thursday, August 7, 2008

Before Everything Else...


...there was us.

I love this picture of David and me. Much as we love Charly and the boys, it reminds me that before there was Pepe, before Riggs, and yes way before Charly - there was us.

And 'we' are and should always be each other's number one priority. So long as we're good, everyone else is good :)

Sometimes it's easy to forget that with all the craziness of raising a family and all the adjustments and life changes newlyweds and new parents go through.

But I only have to look at this picture and go back to that happy, sunny day in Cambodia and feel all over again blessed to be married to my best friend. My favorite travel buddy, where even roach infested hotels and running out of gas on a road trip become a reason to laugh (ok, a bit of a stretch, but yes we still laugh about it to this day). Because we can explore strange cities on foot, discovering places that have become special to us, and sharing the same level of excitement finding little 'treasures' in flea markets and off-the-beaten-path stores. My other half whom I need to consult before I feel good about any significant purchase. Who lugged a 6 foot canvass painting all the way from Chatuchak back to Manila (and it is now the envy of all our friends).The guy who turned into Mr. Mom faster than I did. Who loves bookstores just as much as I do, and sniffs the pages of new books and balikbayan boxes as avidly as I do. Who enjoys burning our mouths silly with the spiciest Indian and Thai dishes. And loves experimenting with cooking as much as I do. Who cleans out and organizes my bags despite my many protests. And a million reasons more.

Truly a picture worth a thousand memories, with the promise of more to come.

No comments: