Saturday, August 9, 2008

Let Me Count The Ways

How Do I Love My Blog, Let Me Count The Ways:

1. It's a good way to document all those little thoughts floating around my head. You see, my mind is a very interesting place (you should come by and visit some time!).

2. It's a GREAT way to document Charly's little and not so little to GINORMOUS milestones. Without me having to bore anyone to tears (hey, if you're not interested, you don't need to hear all about it.)

3. First time moms are notorious for acting like the first time their baby did something was the first time ANY baby ever did that thing. Ditto for new wives. I love this blog for letting me regale its pages with all my newfound awe on all things wife and mommy related (and other things too!).

4. It gets a little crazy adjusting to being a wife and mommy and living with a toddler and two crazy dogs. This blog is pure therapy.

5. Our world changes so fast that I want to be able to paint a picture for Chary of the good, and yes even the not-so-good things, that were happening in the world as she grew up.

6. I SUCK at writing things down in her baby book. This is a much better way to keep things down.

7. I get cute little comments from my friends and it gives me a warm feeling that they are somehow connected to me through this fascinating journey.

Mostly, it's made me notice the little moments more. Moments that, were it not for this blog waiting for me at home, I may have not been sensitive enough to catch. But that little bit of pressure (in the nicest way possible) of wanting to come back and write and share and document make me just a bit more aware of things. It's so easy to get caught up in the routine of work, household chores, managing the baby that we sometimes forget to see the blessings, the good stuff, the funny side of what's right in front of us. On my good days, I manage to do this on my own, especially with the hubby's help. On not-so-good days, I am glad that this blog is here, waiting for me to fill it with good things that happened. And helping me always see that there is a good (if not funny) side to most things that happen in life.

I love you, my blog.

No comments: